If you read the site at all last week, you’re probably well-aware that we teamed up with Third Shift and some talented promoter friends to throw a totally free SXSW Send Off show over the weekend. We couldn’t be more proud of the event or more thankful to everyone who attended! The bands were great, the crowd was a lot of fun (and those of you who had to spend a little time waiting in the snow, thanks for hanging in there!), and the staff and everyone involved did an incredible job. We can’t wait to host more events in the future, so stay tuned for announcements!
The weekend might be over, but if you want to revisit some of the bands, we spent last week rounding out the artists on the lineup in our Third Shift Spotlight series. Check them out below:
- Third Shift Spotlight: Alanna Royale
- Third Shift Spotlight: The Protomen Interview
- Third Shift Spotlight: The Wild Cub Interview
- Third Shift Spotlight: Magnolia Sons
- Third Shift Spotlight: The Patrick Sweany Interview
And here’s the rest of what we covered on the site last week:
- NEWS: Lightning 100’s Music City Mayhem competition has begun! Vote for your favorite artists now.
- NEWS: The Lonely Biscuits are in a competition to play SXSW, and need votes.
- NEWS: Nine Inch Nails announced plans to reunite, tour in 2013.
- NEWS: Morrissey‘s cancelled January show at the Ryman Auditorium has been rescheduled for March 29!
- NEWS: Germantown Cafe hosted a charity dinner to support the Jay Luther Memorial Foundation.
- FEATURE: This Weekend in Nashville: We highlighted our picks for the best weekend shows and events around town.
- FEATURE: Fresh Faces of the Month: Switchmen
- FEATURE: Music on Television: We brought you our picks for the best artists playing on television.
- BONNAROO: Band of the Day: Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers
- BONNAROO: Band of the Day: The Stepkids
- BONNAROO: Band of the Day: Aoife O’Donovan
- BONNAROO: Band of the Day: Alanna Royale
- BONNAROO: Band of the Day: Bombino
- SHOWS: The Wans, The Inscape, and Penicillin Baby played at The High Watt.
- SHOWS: 8 bands competed in this year’s first installment of the Road to Bonnaroo competition. Alanna Royale won and will be performing at Bonnaroo!
- RELEASE: Caitlin Rose‘s new album, The Stand In, is streaming at Rolling Stone.
- RADIO: Jacob Jones took over Lightning 100’s The 615 to promote our SXSW Send Off show!
- VIDEO: Ronnie Wood joined Johnny Marr onstage for a performance of “How Soon Is Now?” at the NME Awards.