It took a lot for us to get back in the swing of things after Forecastle Festival, but that certainly wasn’t due to a lack of exciting stuff going on around Nashville. It was another week chock full of show announcements and news items. But, the most impressive thing was all of the shows that we caught around town! Get caught up on all the exciting happenings on this site last week:
- NEWS: Mark your calendars and don’t miss Bob Weir and Rat Dog at the Fontanel this September!
- NEWS: A Day to Remember announced a date at the Bridgestone in early October with Chiodos and Bring Me The Horizon.
- NEWS: Just when you thought Third Man Records couldn’t get any more awesome, they add a publishing wing, Third Man Books.
- NEWS: Alabama’s Secret Stages released their schedule and a sampler of this year’s lineup!
- FEATURE: This Weekend in Nashville: Check out our staff picks of must see shows from the weekend.
- REVIEW: We’re back from Forecastle with reviews and photos for those of you who couldn’t make it!
- REVIEW: The Vespers performed a special show with Anderson East at The Basement!
- REVIEW: The East Room had quite the night with Fauna Halo, French Lips, Secretclub and Trinity Schrill Kill.
- REVIEW: We loved getting to see a local lineup over at The Basement with Jesse Isley, Mac Leaphart and Rebecca Roubion (w/photos).
- REVIEW: Week 6 of Nashville Dancin’ was a blast with Hayes Carll, Rayland Baxter, James Wallace and the Naked Light and Oak Creek Band (w/photos.)
- REVIEW: Bear in the Campsite, And The Giraffe and Moe’s Anthill performed quite the laidback set at fooBAR.
- REVIEW: Simo blew our minds at Mercy Lounge with Jack Pearson (w/photos).
- REVIEW: We caught Mike Farris, Nicole Atkins, Rachael Davis and Amy LaVere at Music City Roots (w/photos).
- SHOW: Folk singer-songwriter Ray LaMontagne performed at The Woods at Fontanel with The Belle Brigade and The Shadowboxers.
- SHOW: All-female Led Zepplin cover band, Zepparella performed at 12th and Porter!
- SHOW: We caught rockers Zoogma at Mercy Lounge this past weekend.
- SHOW: Lettuce, Space Capone and Sol Cat brought the funk to Riverfron Park for week 7 of Nashville Dancin’.
- SHOW: Local rockers Kate Tucker & The Sons of Sweden performed at Mercy Lounge with Earl Burrows and Tetherball.
- SHOW: Supersuckers took over Exit/In with Nashville’s own Stallion.
- SHOW: The Vespers performed with Anderson East at The Basement.
- RELEASE: Hannah Georgas‘ “Somebody” was remixed by Avenue and you can catch Georgas at The Woods At Fontanel!
- VIDEO: Singer-songwriter Joel Levi released a new video for “I Will Remain”, watch out for his album in August.
- VIDEO: Watch Beck‘s encore from his July 15th show at the Ryman!
- VIDEO: Self released a new video for “Runaway”, their album drops tomorrow!
- FUN: Hump Day Diversion: Dude Looks Like A Lady
- CONTEST: Enter our second giveaway for Rodrigo y Gabriela tickets at the Ryman!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, and Instagram for regular updates!
Leave a Reply