Another exciting week down. Last week brought tons of a tour announcements, a couple of local Kickstarters worth checking out, a new night for our favorite local radio show, some great new record and video releases, the national television debut of a local favorite, and even a surprise Record Store Day performance announcement from the biggest band in America. Also, we’ve got several great ticket giveaways running and plenty more to come, so check those out at the bottom of the recap, and keep your eyes peeled this week!
In case you missed anything, here’s the rundown of everything we covered last week on the site:
- NEWS: Nashville band Paramore are about to land their first #1 debut, and announced a Record Store Day performance at Grimey’s.
- NEWS: Honey Locust launched a Kickstarter to fund their debut album.
- NEWS: Nashville Pride announced the lineup for its 25th anniversary.
- NEWS: States launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund their new album.
- NEWS: The Nashville Pioneers hosted their second press conference.
- NEWS: City & Colour announced a show at The Ryman Auditorium.
- NEWS: Muse are performing in Nashville this fall.
- NEWS: Lightning 100’s The 615 has moved to Monday night.
- FEATURE: This Weekend in Nashville: We highlighted our picks for the best weekend shows and events around town.
- FEATURE: Music on Television: We brought you our picks for the best artists performing on television.
- BONNAROO: Band of the Day: Lee Fields & The Expressions
- BONNAROO: Band of the Day: Fatoumata Diawara
- BONNAROO: Band of the Day: Two Gallants
- SHOW: Son Volt performed at Mercy Lounge.
- EVENT: Brooklyn Brewery brought their arts and beer Mash to Nashville.
- RELEASE: Jay-Z dropped a new track addressing the controversy over his recent trip to Cuba.
- RELEASE: Jimmy Eat World released a new single called “I Will Steal You Back.”
- RELEASE: Paramore released their new album and made an appearance on Kimmel.
- RELEASE: The Black Lips are streaming their Willie Nelson & Waylon Jennings Record Store Day cover early.
- STREAM: Fall Out Boy are streaming their new album, Save Rock and Roll, ahead of its 4.16 release.
- VIDEO: Five Knives debuted their new video for “Messin’ with My Mind.”
- FUN: We pitted Taylor Swift‘s new Diet Coke commercial against Beyonce‘s Pepsi commercial.
- FUN: Hump Day Diversion: Accidental Racist
- CONTEST: We’re giving away tickets for Cold War Kids and Houses‘ upcoming 4.16 show at Cannery Ballroom.
- CONTEST: We’re giving away tickets for Wavves, FIDLAR, and Cheatah‘s upcoming 4.16 show at Mercy Lounge.
- CONTEST: We’re giving away tickets for Galactic‘s upcoming 4.17 show at Mercy Lounge.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram for regular updates!
Leave a Reply