As you might have noticed, last week we welcomed several new contributors into the mix. We’re very excited to have some new voices on board, and we can’t wait to bring you more content in the coming weeks. This fall is shaping up to be one of the best for live music we’ve ever seen, and we have a lot of exciting things planned to bring you the best possible news and coverage.
As you may also have noticed, we were offline a bit over the weekend due to technical difficulties. Feel free to follow our new Tumblr, where we’ll be syndicating some content in the future, and thanks for bearing with us- things are all back to normal today. In case you missed (or weren’t able to access) anything we covered last week on the site, here’s a full rundown:
- FEATURE: This Weekend in Nashville: We highlighted our picks for the best weekend shows and events around town.
- FEATURE: Ahead of their Marathon Music Works performance, we brought you some details of how Phoenix have spent their last few years.
- FEATURE: Music on Television: We brought you the rundown on the best musical performances this week on TV, along with local tour dates for many of the acts.
- REVIEW: We checked out Live on the Green with Local Natives, Leagues, and Lulu Mae (w/ PHOTOS).
- REVIEW: We gave you some first impressions of Moon Taxi‘s new album, Mountains Beaches Cities.
- REVIEW: We brought you a recap of *repeat repeat, El El, and Ponychase‘s recent performance at The Basement, along with new singles from all three bands.
- REVIEW: We gave you a track by track rundown of Foreign Fields‘ new EP, Tuscaloosa.
- REVIEW: We brought you a review of Muse and Cage the Elephant at Bridgestone Arena (w/ PHOTOS).
- REVIEW: We checked out a great house party, featuring Sol Cat, Gunther Doug, Buffalo Rodeo, and surprise headliners Machines Are People Too.
- REVIEW: We caught some great folk bands at the Boheme Collectif.
- SHOW: Phosphorescent and The Lonely Wild performed at 3rd and Lindsely, and we gave away tickets.
- SHOW: Live on the Green came to a close with Moon Taxi, The Weeks, and The Wild Feathers.
- SHOW: Nude Beach, Suspicious Beasts, and Fox Fun played at The Stone Fox.
- SHOW: Porcelain Raft and Shy Guy performed at The Basement.
- RELEASE: Arcade Fire released a new 12″ single, and Grimey’s hosted a special listening party.
- VIDEO: DCXV posted a video about their summer vacation, featuring music from El El.
- FUN: Hump Day Diversion: The Cybertronic Spree
- CONTEST: Alabama Shakes are coming to The Woods at Fontanel with The Dexateens and Majectico, and we’re giving away tickets.