Hear, hear! Those of you that read us regularly know that we are helping out, with a number of other great folks in town, to throw a benefit on Friday night (August 2nd) to help Luella & The Sun recover after fire damaged the home and studio of guitarist Joe McMahan and Luella (aka Melissa Mathes). We did a couple of interviews earlier this week with Justin Townes Earle and DUGAS to get you in the spirit, and we have another interview coming with Joe and Luella tomorrow. We spent the rest of our time leading up to the event working on some stuff for you guys!!! Namely RAFFLE PRIZES and BEER SPECIALS!!!!
First off… We’d like to thank Blue Moon and Leinenkugel Summer Shandy for jumping on board with some generous keg donations. Those drafts will be $3 each, and the band will receive half of the profit from each beer sold, so drink up (responsibly) for a good cause!!!
Next up, we want to thank some of our sponsors who have generously donated some pretty awesome raffle prizes for you guys. Each guest attending the event will be entered into the raffle contest, and the winners will be announced through out the evening.
The prizes include:
- A bottle of Revival Vineyards, Flora Springs, Napa Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon
- A bottle of Revival Vineyards, Russian River Valley, Chardonnay
- Two autographed limited edition After The Fire benefit posters
- A pair of tickets to Sigur Ros at The Woods at Fontanel on September 27th (compliments of Native Magazine)
- Four – $50 gift certificates to Grimeys New & Preloved Music
- One “rest of the year” pass* to Mercy Lounge, Cannery Ballroom, or The High Watt (compliments of Mercy Lounge)!!!
Breaking news! Justin Townes Earle has donated a guitar to auction off at the event! Man, the generosity of Nashville is amazing sometimes! Make sure to check out the merch table to find out how you can take it home with you!
Based on the pre-sale numbers, barring some natural disaster, this is going to sell out. Don’t dilly dally, grab those tickets here!
*certain restrictions apply