Bonnaroo‘s annual lineup guessing game, Roo Clues, is currently underway, and, similar to last year, it seems that they’ll all be Instagram-based word games (a definite shift from past years with real-life scavenger hunts and elaborate riddles, but we’ll take it). In total, ten clues are set to drop, likely two per week, and will provide hints as to who we can expect to see at this year’s fest. Once again, we’re putting our expert sleuthing skills to work, and doing our best to solve each and every one. After the jump, check out who you can expect to see this summer on the farm!
Here’s Roo Clue #8:
DELIRIOUS, SHE NOW TAKES ON THE NIGHT ALONE.
- The first fairly tough Roo Clue (#3) was followed up by one of the most on the nose (#4), and that pattern seems to be repeated again after clue 7 really made us stretch; this one feels like a total lock.
- Grace Potter once fronted a group called Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, but as last year, she’s trying her hand as a solo artist; “taking on the night alone.”
- Not only could “taking on the night alone” be a nudge towards the “nocturnal” theme, but Potter’s 2015 solo effort is also called Midnight, so it works on two levels.
- “Delirious” is a track on Midnight, so this feels pretty much sewn up.
- Grace has a history with ‘Roo, and nothing on the books beyond March. [verdict: we’re pretty damn sure about this one]
Will a solo Grace set satisfy your itch, or do you miss the full on Nocturnals experience?
Our previous Roo Clue solutions:
Roo Clue 10 | Death Cab for Cutie
Roo Clue 9 | Cashmere Cat
Roo Clue 7 | Carrie Underwood
Roo Clue 6 | Judas Priest
Roo Clue 5 | Tyler, the Creator
Roo Clue 4 | Lord Huron
Roo Clue 3 | Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Roo Clue 2 | Lucius
Bonus Clue | Jason Isbell
Roo Clue 1 | Blood Orange
And don’t forget to check out our 2016 Bonnaroo Lineup Rumors post, which is regularly updated with the lastest info and speculation!