It’s been a spectacularly busy week here at No Country. Even reading this recap list is a bit of an undertaking, so we don’t fault you if you missed a feature or two. As always, we appreciate all of you reading, sharing, and commenting on the site and we’re eager to continue to grow along with you this year! Keep posted for some exciting new announcements soon!
In case you missed anything, here’s the recap of what we covered on the site last week:
- NEWS: The Avett Brothers announced a spring show at Bridgestone Arena.
- NEWS: Alt-J (∆)’s show at Mercy Lounge was moved to The Cannery Ballroom; more tickets now available.
- NEWS: Elton John announced plans to return to Nashville in April.
- NEWS: The third wave of SXSW artists was announced and includes many more Nashville bands.
- NEWS: Justin Timberlake and Destiny’s Child both announced plans to make new music.
- NEWS: The Nashville Pioneers are gearing up to play Korea, detailed plans for a pep rally, and unveiled official shoes.
- NEWS: Steve Martin and Edie Brickell announced plans to release a collaborative album.
- NEWS: Alanna Royale announced an EP release show, set to take place at The Basement.
- NEWS: The Black Keys were among the first round of confirmed performers announced for The Grammys.
- NEWS: The Postal Service are rumored to be reuniting for Coachella.
- NEWS: David Bowie made a surprise comeback album announcement, along with the release of a new single.
- NEWS: The Black Keys announced plans for a new album as well as a show at Bridgestone Arena with The Flaming Lips.
- NEWS: Bonnaroo released their second and third lineup clues, and we’ve got some pretty good guesses as to who’s playing!
- FEATURE: This Weekend in Nashville: We highlighted our favorite weekend shows and events.
- FEATURE: Music on Television: We brought you our picks for the best artists playing on television.
- SHOW: The Unchained Tour brought a variety of performance art to the The Building.
- SHOW: William Shatner brought his one-man show to the Tennessee Performing Arts Center.
- SHOW: Auto Defiance played at The High Watt with Thee Japanese Schoolgirls, Vyie, and Violet Knives.
- SHOW: The Young Rapscallions, Sol Cat, and The Kingston Springs performed at The High Watt.
- SHOW: Floating Action, Natalie Prass, and Bryan Cates played at The Stone Fox.
- SHOW: Forgetters (featuring Blake Schwarzenbach) played at The Forge in Birmingham.
- RELEASE: Local Natives debuted a couple of new tracks from their upcoming album; set to perform in Nashville.
- RELEASE: My Morning Jacket’s Jim James released a new single from his upcoming solo album.
- RELEASE: Rapper Kitty Pryde returned with a new single called “Dead Island.”
- RELEASE: fun. streamed a new song from HBO’s ‘Girls’ soundtrack.
- RELEASE: The Coasts released their new EP, Santa Fe.
- VIDEO: Morrissey performed a new(ish) song on Letterman; The Whigs performed on Leno.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram (we posted a lot of shots from Mercy Lounge’s 10th Anniversary Party this weekend) for regular updates!