Two interviews in one day?! Whhaaaaat? We got a chance to talk with another one of the bands set to perform at our Second Anniversary Show, Daniel Ellsworth and the Great Lakes. In case you haven’t heard yet, we’ll be celebrating our two-year anniversary this Saturday at the Basement with a cohort of amazing artists and bands who will be performing Beck’s Song Reader. Daniel and co. have been busy as of late recording a new album with Grammy Award-winning engineer/producer Vince Powell, but have still found the time to come celebrate with us — which means you have have no excuse not to! Read on to listen to Daniel and co. talk about which song they are preparing, Beck, and their new album.
Milktooth has got a bit of a leg up on the other bands performing at our Anniversary Show. First, they’ve already arranged and performed a song from Beck’s Song Reader as part of their “Stay Home America” cover series. Second, their arrangement was solid enough to get re-tweeted by the B-man himself. We got a chance to talk with Milktooth bassist Zac Stred, who confirmed that it’s “Volvo-safe” to say that “Eyes That Say I Love You” will be making an appearance at our Beck’s Song Reader 2-Year Anniversary Show, so if you simply can’t get enough of it (like me) be sure to join us at The Basement this Saturday at 9 PM.
SoCal rockers Seahaven have been making a splash in the indie/pop punk scene over the past couple of years with some of the most interesting, dynamic releases of the genre. Having toured with the likes of New Found Glory, The Early Novemeber, Transit, and The Story So Far, the band is poised to become one of the next big players in the new wave of underground and organic pop punk. “Pop punk” isn’t really a tag that properly does the band justice, however, because they seamlessly incorporate elements of hardcore, post-punk, alt-rock, and classic emo into a style distinctly their own.
The band is performing TONIGHT at Cafe Coco, and tickets are nearly sold out. Snag yours here right now to make sure you’ve got a spot. Things get started at 7PM, and support comes from a trio of fantstic locals: Free Throw, Daisyhead, and Waypoint. Don’t miss out on this great show!
Yet another great week in Nashville. We brought you reviews of some great shows, including our weekend at East Nashville Underground. We also got the opportunity to exclusively premiere a great new album and a music video.
As we dive headfirst into a new week, and bring you coverage leading up to our Two Year Anniversary Party this weekend, take a look at our recap of everything we covered on the site last week:
- NEWS: British rockers The Cult are set to perform their classic album Electric in full at Marathon Music Works.
- FEATURE: This Weekend in Nashville: We highlighted our picks for the best weekend shows and events around town.
- REVIEW: We checked out Alkaline Trio and Bayside at Marathon Music Works [w/ PHOTOS].
- REVIEW: We recapped a full weekend at East Nashville Underground.
- SHOW: A double night of 8 off 8th performances took place at Mercy Lounge and The High Watt, and we spotlighted up and comers El El.
- SHOW: Titus Andronicus, The So So Glos, and Diarrhea Planet performed at The Stone Fox.
- VIDEO: We premiered VITEK‘s new music video for “Sunbird.”
- RELEASE: Kanye West debuted a new track by projecting his floating head onto 66 buildings.
- RELEASE: The Inscape dropped an amazing new album, which marks a shift in style.
- STREAM: We streamed The Joy of Painting‘s new album, Tender Age, a week early.
- FUN: Hump Day Diversion: Gettin’ Lucky
I would say that most of you know Jared Corder already, but, if you don’t, you’ll understand why you will want to get know him below. The charismatic East Nashville Underground co-CEO is also the front man from past Nashville pop act Oh No No, the previous drummer from Frances & The Foundation, and the front man for new Nashville surf rock band *repeat repeat. He’s also committed to arranging a couple of Beck Song Reader tracks for our party on Saturday. If you haven’t had the chance to check out *repeat repeat yet, you can get on that tonight at a pretty amazing 8 off 8th over at Mercy Lounge. A full interview with Jared Corder, as well as, a *repeat repeat track is after the jump. You can find out more info about Saturday night’s Beck Song Reader party at The Basement here.
click here for the interview and *repeat repeat