Bonnaroo‘s annual lineup guessing game, Roo Clues, is currently underway, and, similar to last year, it seems that they’ll all be Instagram-based word games (a definite shift from past years with real-life scavenger hunts and elaborate riddles, but we’ll take it). In total, ten clues are set to drop, likely two per week, and will provide hints as to who we can expect to see at this year’s fest. Once again, we’re putting our expert sleuthing skills to work, and doing our best to solve each and every one. After the jump, check out who you can expect to see this summer on the farm!
Here’s Roo Clue #4:
A GREAT RULER, BUT AN EVEN GREATER LAKE.
- Following the hardest clue so far, this one feels like they’re lobbing us a soft ball.
- The definition of a “Lord” is “someone or something having power, authority, or influence; a master or ruler.”
- The Great Lakes are Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie, and Ontario.
- The answer is Lord Huron. It absolutely has to be.
- They’ve played Bonnaroo in the past, their summer is open, and they’ve increasingly become a festival go-to. [verdict: yeah, it’s happening]
Lord Huron’s 2013 tent set took place amidst their massive first wave of buzz; it’ll be nice to see them graduate to a potentially bigger stage and even larger crowd.
Our previous Roo Clue solutions:
Roo Clue 10 | Death Cab for Cutie
Roo Clue 9 | Cashmere Cat
Roo Clue 8 | Grace Potter
Roo Clue 7 | Carrie Underwood
Roo Clue 6 | Judas Priest
Roo Clue 5 | Tyler, the Creator
Roo Clue 3 | Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Roo Clue 2 | Lucius
Bonus Clue | Jason Isbell
Roo Clue 1 | Blood Orange
And don’t forget to check out our 2016 Bonnaroo Lineup Rumors post, which is regularly updated with the lastest info and speculation!