Apologies for the lateness, but we still wanted to bring you your Weekly Recap fix, in case you missed anything last week on the site.
First and foremost, everyone at No Country wants to extend a giant thank you to every single person who voted for us in this year’s Best of Nashville Reader’s poll, and a congratulations to all of the great, talented winners in every single category. We’re honored to have been ranked, and we appreciate the continued support more than you know.
We’re well into a new week, and the nonstop fall shows are in full swing. Last week brought us some major show announcements, song and video releases, tons of great performances around town, and even a couple of exciting festivals. Catch up below:
- NEWS: Cat Power announced a show at 3rd and Lindsley.
- NEWS: The Nashville Scene’s Best of Nashville Readers’ Poll results were announced, and we ranked in the Best Music Blog and Best Local Blog categories (thank you, thank you, thank you!!!).
- NEWS: Diarrhea Planet, Protomen, Ri¢hie, and No Regrets Coyote announced a New Year’s Eve show at Exit/In.
- NEWS: The legendary Pixies announced a performance at The Ryman.
- FEATURE: This Weekend in Nashville: We highlighted our picks for the best weekend shows and events around town.
- REVIEW: Guest contributor Wes Davenport reviewed the first weekend of Austin City Limits.
- REVIEW: We brought you some thoughts and photos from Arctic Monkeys‘ recent performance at Marathon Music Works with Deap Vally.
- SHOW: Fly Free Fest featuring JEFF the Brotherhood, RJD2, Rubblebucket, Moon Taxi, and more took place over the weekend in Adams, TN.
- SHOW: Communion Nashville returned with Rubblebucket, Roadkill Ghost Choir, and many more great acts!
- SHOW: Twin Forks, Matrimony, and Great Peacock performed at The End, and we gave away tickets.
- SHOW: Burger Records artists The Growlers, Cosmonauts, Gap Dream, Together Pangaea, and Curtis Harding performed at Mercy Lounge.
- SHOW: honeyhoney, Lera Lynn, and Sam Lewis played at The High Watt.
- SHOW: Fuzz performed at The End with CCR Headcleaner and Heavy Cream.
- RELEASE: Grimey’s hosted a listening party for Sleigh Bells‘ new album, Bitter Rivals.
- STREAM: Coin released a brand new single, “Time Machine.”
- VIDEO: Omega Swan released a new video for “Planet Rad.”
- VIDEO: The Aquaducks dropped a new video and single ahead of their upcoming EP and release show.
- VIDEO: Paper Route covered Lorde’s pop hit “Royals.”
- CONTEST: We gave away tickets to Hanni El Khatib, Bass Drum of Death, and Bad Cop at Mercy Lounge.