Are you psyched for the next installment of East Nashville Underground? We’re psyched for the next installment of East Nashville Underground! After that amazing winter session, I wasn’t sure how ENU could top it- but they did, yet again!
If last night’s announcement party at The Stone Fox is any indication, this session is likely to sell out faster than ever before! El El and Ravello played to a packed room, and DJ Jazzy Jazz finished out the night! El El is the brand new project of Ben Elkins (formerly of ENU alums Heypenny) and though last night was one of their first shows ever, the 7-piece electro-soul band owned the room! We last saw Ravello rock the house at the Road to Bonnaroo, and the band brought just as much energy and intensity to their awesome set yesterday evening! In addition to performances, The Stone Fox also offerred creative drink specials themed after each of the upcoming ENU’s six headliners.
But enough about the announcement party (which will be a permanent fixture of ENU going forward), I’m sure you’re more interested in the actual announcement. This might just be the most exciting Underground session yet! It takes place May 10 & May 11, and you can peep (most of) the lineup below:
Friday Night (May 10, doors at 9pm, to 3am)
Evan P. Donahue
The Young International
The Kicks (headliner)
**the Secret Headliner** (announced April 27)
Bang Ok Bang
SaturDAY Show (May 11, 1pm to 8pm)
Bears of the Blue River
Natalie Prass (headliner)
Erin McCarley (headliner)
Justin Kalk Orchestra
Saturday Night (May 11, doors at 9pm, to 3am)
Brandon Jazz & His Armed Forces
Chancellor Warhol (headliner)
The Kingston Springs (headliner)
DJ Jazzy Jazz
We’ll have an extended preview with music from the entire lineup in the coming weeks! Additionally, a few more announcements about ENU were made last night:
- The final Friday Night headliner will be announced on April 27, due to a contractual agreement. It’ll be the biggest ENU band yet, so stay tuned!
- This will be the festival’s last installment at its current location at The East Room. A large, yet to be announced, venue will be the home of the summer edition.
- Due to legal issues, liquor won’t be free this time around, but it’ll be very cheap. Also, the quality of beer is getting bumped up and it’s still free!
- Tickets are available now, and can be purchased in advance here. $15 for either night, $10 for SaturDAY, or $25 for the weekend.
- The festival sold out very quickly last time, so, though a limited number of tickets may be available at the door, your best bet to ensure your spot is to pre-order.
- Finally, ENU has released the dates for their next four installments, for those of you who like to make plans 10 months in advance.